Donnerstag, 7. November 2013

Altered Cigar Box - Fairy Box

I tried my hand at altering a cigar box again. This time the box was a little bigger than the last one and I started off with painting the whole box with white gesso to prime it. I think it took about 2 coats of gesso to cover the box completely. Then I went over the box with the molding paste and different stencils from TCW (The Crafters Workshop). I used the mini templates (6x6") cosmic swirls, ledger, time travel and star burst. When everything was dry I went over the whole box with my dylusions sprays in the blues, purples and teals. I also used the perfect pearl mist in turquoise to give the box some shimmer. This took several days to dry. I also wanted to use some stamps on the box so I colored Ima Butterfly and Fairy Abigail with my spectrum noirs and copics.

I added some roses (in different sizes and colors), calla lilies and leaves from WOC (Wild Orchid Crafts) in two clusters on the lid. Then I added some pearl and sparkly hearts and butterflies also from WOC to add some sparkle and dimention. To finish the top of, I added some diamond stickles on the roses.



Ima Butterlfy
skin - E00, E000 (copics)
hair - EB5, TN7, TN5
dress - BT3, BT2
boots - BT3, BT2
hair ties - BT3, BT2, wink of stella
wings - PP3, PP1, wink of stella


On the bottom I glued 4 bingo chips as feet for the box.

I didn't want to leave the inside blank so I added another image (this time Fairy Abigail) and some Chrysanthemums for the fairy to sit on. I also glued some more pearl and sparkly hearts floating away from the fairy.



 Fairy Abigail
skin - E00, E000 (copics)
hair - GB5, GB4, GB1
dress - PP3, PP1
wings - IB1, Blender, Wink of stella
rose - PP3, PP1, LG2

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen